Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ann Hoffpauir-painting in progress


Today I thought I would post the process of a painting. I haven't got a name for this painting yet. That will come later. I find it harder to name a painting than to paint it. There are a couple of gal painters that I follow, Debbie Grayson Lincoln and Vernita Bridges Hoyt. The names for their paintings always seem to fit perfectly...hmmm, maybe they can help name this one when it's finished. On this piece I toned my canvas with an acrylic wash first, then blocked in the cattle, grass and shadow shapes. There are the beginnings of the light areas and some midtones. Already you can see the orangy undertone coming through on the animals and landscape. I will post again as I progress with this painting. Time for a coffee break and to check this out with a fresh eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment